Bethany Place Baptist Church is located near Richmond, VA in northern Chesterfield County. There are many people of tremendous character who love and serve God through Bethany Place. We have excellent leaders in place in our children’s and student ministries who creatively and compassionately serve. There are many other areas utilizing people of diverse abilities and passion for ministry. Members and attenders also serve by meeting practical needs of people all over the Richmond area through formal and informal ministries. Bethany Place has long been committed to missions with missionaries all over the world who were at one time members of our church.
We believe the Bible to be without error (inerrant and infallible.) We seek to worship God passionately and faithfully as described in Psalm 95 and John 4:23-24. There are contemporary and traditional elements in our worship services. We seek to faithfully share the good news of Jesus as He instructed in Matthew 28:18-20, not satisfied with only delivering the good news about Jesus, but aim at making disciples of Jesus. In fact, we are seeking to make disciples who make disciples as described in 1 Timothy 2:2. We do this by welcoming people into our church family and by teaching the whole of God’s word as Jesus described in Matthew 28:19-20. We seek to speak to our culture motivated by love for God and love for people. Finally, we work to develop a welcoming culture that loves well those within the body and those whom God brings to our fellowship. To summarize our vision statement is, “To be a church who through God’s power transforms and equips lives for his service in daily living.”
Bethany Place is an elder-led congregation. We affiliate with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Southern Baptist Conservatives of Virginia.
9:30 a.m. Adult Bible Communities (Sunday School) | WeePlace & KidPlace | Student Ministry classes
11:00 a.m. Worship Service
- Dinner: 5:30 – 6:15 PM
- Sign-Up: Use the online form, or the Reservation Cards at the Church Welcome Desk.
- Reservations: All reservations should be in by no later than each Monday before that week’s Wednesday Dinner.
- Cost: $5.00 Adult/Youth & $3.00 Child under 10 years. $15.00 Maximum per family.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT SMALL GROUP STUDIES
- Real Life Discipleship: Led by Ben Haygood
- Gaining By Losing: Led by Gene Cornett
- GriefShare: Led by Helen and Bill Skipwith (beginning February 8, 2017)
- Learning God’s Story to Make It Your Story: Led by Peggy Morgan
- Student Ministry Gathering: Leader– Brian Culver -Youth Room
- Sermon Based Small Group: Led by the Elders
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm